Monday, November 26, 2007

just to be safe...

...better put up a mini-blog in case we get home too late...

um...

...so we're heading to The Basement to see K.S. Rhoads (free show, you should come) with lots of friends. I (once again) tricked Austin into going out to eat instead of staying home and eating leftovers. Because I think if I sit on this couch for ten more minutes, I'm not going ANYWHERE tonight. I hate that I become the hibernating zombie in the wintertime, and also that it has already started. It's dark, it's cold, it's windy, it's rainy. WHY would I leave the house?

And so that we leave the house and don't try to come back, I've scheduled an optimistic little grocery trip between dinner and show, and it's cold enough that everything should stay nice and cold in the car, right?

So I guess I'd better pack it up and kick these poor dogs back out in the cold. Speaking of, I think we're going to try locating a housesitter for the week of Dec. 22 to 30 to wrangle the animals and keep things safe. Know of anybody? We've got cable.

Austin just asked me what I was blogging about, and I said nothing, I have nothing really to talk about. He suggested Tetris and then The Dogs. Like I haven't already completely exhausted those (shallow) subjects.

Sorry.

P.S. But I toldja, DJB.

2 comments:

DJ B said...

Thanks for getting me out to the show - he's waaaay too good to be working a day job IMO. Kind of got a little raggedy there at the end but really, pretty much top shelf all the way 'round.

I went home and cut off a bit of NY extra sharp, poured some 2% and nuked the pomme flambe and watched a couple of episodes of season 2 of Weeds on DVD. Damn that woman has beautiful skin... Anyhoo, 'twas tasty, scorchy overtones notwithdstanding.

Let me know how you like the chocolate pumpkin spice cake...

Unknown said...

Maybe we'll get lucky and rent our apartment by the end of December, then we could just watch the dogs...and LOTS of Ace of Cakes.