Friday, July 11, 2008

eleven

This is a very close call. It's 11:45 and I almost forgot. I got distracted by:

1. the best day at work ever (ask me! I'll tell you all about it) which led to
2. margarita party at work in the afternoon, then
3. randomly dropping into Dad's show at Douglas Corner, and sampling another margarita there
4. then heading to Rumours for three hours, which encompassed two glasses of wine, one tiny bowl of perfect, perfect parmesan vegetable rice and one big bowl of summer salad (greens, white balsamic vinaigrette, sliced pears, pecans, goat cheese, yes, please).
5. Long rambling ride home with Leia and Carmen, and enthusiastic welcome by animal menagerie of Eastside Avenue.

Now I'm in bed and so ready to fall asleep and Austin is snoring happily and Mischa is curled up between our ankles. It was a delicious salad at Rumours, and tomorrow I'm going to give the corn soup from the most recent Bon Appetit a whirl. I'm out for tonight, foodie talk or otherwise. Sweet dreams.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh i REALLY want to know how the corn soup goes. several things in that issue were drool-worthy.

DJ B said...

You still haven't told us what "hut" had to do with the ninth. And cookies or no cookies, I wanna know!