Thursday, July 17, 2008

you can dance, you can jive

Another nearly food free day. Leftover soup for lunch, leftover red beans and rice for dinner, a very late dinner, sitting down to eat at 10:30 pm. Tonight was the last Rollergirl practice before Saturday's bout, so we stayed and helped set up for a little while, and were busier and more social than the previous practices. Talked to a few of the girls, exchanged some smiles, had violent flashbacks to junior high school, and the years of just wanting to be friends with the cool girls.

The real question is, who is going to see Mamma Mia with me this weekend? I know, I know, there's a Dark Knight out there begging to be seen. But I'm just dying to catch Meryl in her overalls hoofing and hooting up a storm. For real.

Today was a busy day at work. Lots of accounts were frozen for lack of payment, and I spent some time plowing through them and getting payments where I could. It was a fun project and kept me busy and made me feel productive for the first time in a week. I'm also getting to sit in on some interviews, which makes me feel involved and helpful. I don't have to tell you how I have the best job in the world. It's public knowledge. Wish you'd all come join me!

Important details: tomorrow night, How I Became the Bomb at the Basement! Yay! FUN! Come see the pop show and dance with me! And Saturday, in case I didn't mention it, Nashville Rollergirls Inter-league bout, at the TN State Fairgrounds, don't miss it! AND Tuesday night: Nashville Sounds vs. the Tacoma Rainiers, featuring the Return of Terry Pollreisz.

That's right. Funnest week ever. Oh, and there is going to be a BABY here soon! Come on, Leia! We're all ready!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll officially introduce myself at the Basement tonight. Expect to be peppered with cooking-related how to questions...