Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Domestic Goddess, speaking

Housework I enjoy doing:
  1. Unloading the dishwasher
  2. Folding laundry
  3. Unpacking after a trip
  4. Dusting
  5. Straightening/putting things where they belong
  6. Making the bed
Housework I really just don't mind:
  1. Sweeping
  2. Sorting and starting laundry
  3. Washing dishes/loading dishwasher
  4. Scrubbing the bathroom
  5. Taking out the trash and/or recycling
Housework I simply despise:
  1. Mowing the lawn
  2. Vacuuming
  3. Cleaning the catboxes
  4. (Austin says to put "Showering" here. Which is accurate, if not entirely topical.)
If there was a category between "Don't really mind" and "Despise," I'd put Mopping there. I generally avoid it. I would say there is literally anything I would rather do than mow. I spent my entire adolescence trading my sisters every chore in the book to get out of having to mow. I don't really mind the rest of gardening, once I get out there and get my hands in it, but I generally procrastinate the act of just getting all the tools together and going outside.

Now, sauteing, chopping, trimming, toasting, shredding, folding, mixing, melting? Sure thing. Anytime.

1 comment:

M♥LLY said...

HA! This is funny. I sorta like vacuuming. So funny you despise it. I hate taking out trash. And cleaning the toilet. And doing the laundry.